General terms and conditions
sea-tours.com offers its services exclusively on the basis of these Terms and Conditions. These provisions govern the legal relationship between you as a customer and sea-tours.com. sea-tours.com regularly operates solely as a broker of distinct travel services. sea-tours.com will operate solely as an intermediary between you and respective travel agents or service providers, such as airlines, travel agencies, car rental agencies, and hotel operations, and acts on behalf and to the account of the respective travel service provider. Insofar as sea-tours.com offers internet links to third-party offers in the course of individual transactions, sea-tours.com does not operate as a broker of those third-party services. Please be advised that the price, conveyance, and general travel conditions of the relevant individual service provider(s) will apply to the contents of the agreement provided by sea-tours.com between you and the service provider(s). We would be glad to provide you with a copy of the relevant service providers' price, conveyance, and general travel conditions upon request. These conditions may govern the conditions of payment, deadlines, liability, cancellation, booking alterations, reimbursement as well as other details of the travel agreement.
I Contract Formation, Services Provided
1. The completion of a sea-tours.com travel agreement constitutes a binding offer. This offer may occur in writing, in typed text form, orally, per telephone conversation, or through the use of online services. Where online services are utilized, the offer is established through the completion of the booking sequence whereby you click on the appropriate button. You are bound to this offer for a maximum of 10 days. If neither sea-tours.com nor the service provider-i.e. the travel agent, airline, car rental agency, or other business entrusted with the provision of the relevant travel services-confirm the booking in writing, typed text, per telephone conversation, or via electronic media within 10 days following the entry of the offer, you are no longer bound by your offer. A booking confirmation will serve as an acceptance. A booking confirmation will generally be conveyed immediately to your PC following the completion of the booking sequence or directly by way of oral communication. The booking is by all means also confirmed when you receive your booking-code.
2. sea-tours.com assumes no liability for the performance of arranged travel services and provides no guaranty with regard to the quality or fitness of the travel services as represented. Nor does sea-tours.com, which operates solely as an intermediary, supply any guaranty for the availability of travel services. Should sea-tours.com only be able to provide you with a travel package which contains slight deviations from your proposed offer, you will be able to accept this travel package as counter-offer within three days of receiving notice of this counter-offer. You may also accept the counter-offer by submitting payment of the travel price or by reporting for boarding at the allotted time of travel. If you do not accept the counter-offer or do not report for boarding, no agreement will come into formation.
II Registration of several Persons
In so far as your offer concerns not only your own person but other persons as well, and agreements with sea-tours.com and the service provider are established, you are responsible for the duties of the third persons concerned which stem from these agreements as well as your own corresponding duties. You will accordingly be held accountable to us for the performance of the duties of these persons as well. This separate, additional obligation will be recognized by way of an additional declaration either within the framework of the internet booking sequence, or in writing, or orally.
III Payment / Delivery
1. With all delivered services in which a bond is not required, payment of the travel price will become due upon successful booking-i.e. upon contract formation. sea-tours.com may decline to accept your offer or to perform travel arrangement services should you enter false or incorrect payment information or should the credit card you provide fail to carry the transaction, for instance, because the credit limit has been exceeded or because the name or the number or the expiration date of the credit account entered is incorrect. The method of payment may take the form of a credit transaction involving a credit card accepted by sea-tours.com, cash payment at the offices of sea-tours.com, cash deposit to one of sea-tours.com' bank accounts in conjunction with the delivery via express courier of a copy of the deposit slip containing a complete and legible date stamp, telegraphic wire transfer, postal money order, bank check, or debit note.
2. In the event of late or incomplete payment, sea-tours.com reserves the right to cancel reserved travel plans with the appropriate charges accruing to the individual who placed the reservation. Cancellation fees are charged to the account of the traveller. Appropriate reference is to be made to section IV of these General Terms and Conditions.
3. When it cannot be otherwise safely ensured that the travel documents will reach the traveller, sea-tours.com can send them C.O.D. or deposit them in trust at the airport of departure by way of courier. For this service, an additional one-time fee of up to 50 USD may be assessed. Additionally, you may choose to select an alternative method of delivery-i.e. express delivery, professional courier services, etc. The costs assessed for these methods of delivery, of which you will be informed prior to shipment, will be charged to you.
4. Cancellation, processing, ticketing, booking and re-booking fees are due immediately upon their incurment.
5. sea-tours.com fulfills its duties to you under the travel arrangement agreement upon producing the relevant travel documents, for example, airline tickets, vouchers, etc., at sea-tours.com' offices. When sea-tours.com sends documents to you, you bear the risk from the point in time when they are submitted to post or delivered into the hands of a courier. This provision applies regardless of who bears the cost of delivery.
6. E-tickets: Nowadays flight tickets are e-tickets. E-ticketing is a paper-less way to book flights. Once you've made your booking, it's stored electronically in the airline reservation system. You will get a confirmation email with a booking reference number, which serves as a receipt for your e-ticket. You will not receive a physical e-ticket or paper tickets to present at the airport. We recommend that you take a printout of your confirmation email with you, although many airlines won't ask to see this. Please note that airlines have their own rules and regulations with regard to e-ticketing. sea-tours.com cannot be held responsible for non-compliance with these rules and regulations and strongly recommends that you check these details with your airline in advance of travel. sea-tours.com relies on the information that you provide as being accurate and therefore cannot be held responsible if your e-ticket does not arrive due to an incorrect email address or your junk email settings. You must notify us immediately if you change your email address or contact telephone number. In addition, please check that the name on your passport matches the name on your ticket and/or booking confirmation. In exceptional circumstances, due to ticketing restrictions outside its control, sea-tours.com may not be able to pass information about confirmed bookings to the airline to enable them to fulfil the booking. If this occurs we will attempt to notify you within 48 hours of confirmation and organise a refund or arrange an alternative. Where you choose an alternative and it is more expensive than your original booking, you may be responsible for paying the difference. Please note that you may be required to produce your booking number and/or confirmation email to the relevant Travel Supplier as evidence of your booking.
IV Withdrawal, Re-booking, Substitution
1. Where sea-tours.com arranges travel services, your right of cancellation is determined by the applicable legal and contractual conditions between you and the service provider. Accordingly, the intention to withdraw from the agreement must be reported immediately to the service provider or to sea-tours.com. Notification is not bound by any formal requirements. However, sea-tours.com certainly recommends that notice of withdrawal be put in writing. In the event of withdrawal, sea-tours.com holds the right to demand that you reimburse sea-tours.com for the payment of cancellation fees as agreed upon with or requested by the appropriate service provider. Be advised that the service provider may demand compensation amounting up to 100% of the travel price regardless of the timing of the cancellation. Additionally, sea-tours.com levies the following fees in light of expenses incurred for:
a) Flight Arrangements
i) Arrangement according to general, published prices: 30 USD
ii) Arrangement according to special prices
prior to issuance of airline ticket: 75 USD
after issuance of airline ticket: 100 USD
iii) Arrangement of Charter-flights: 50 USD
b) Other Services
up to 7 days prior to embarkation: 30 USD per Hotel/booking
as of 7 days prior to embarkation: 30 USD per Hotel/booking plus the price of a night's stay
upon failure to embark: 100% of the price for the hotel/booking
ii) Car Rental
· up to 7 days prior to embarkation: 30 USD per booking
· as of 7 days prior to embarkation: 50 USD per booking
These fees refer to lump-sum compensation and are determined out of consideration for customary expenses. You naturally have the right to produce evidence that a lesser harm than that alleged actually occurred as well as evidence that no harm at all occurred. Cancellation fees are calculated according to the final travel price for each registered traveller. The relevant date for determining deadlines is the day on which notice of cancellation is processed by sea-tours.com or by the service provider within standard business hours.
2. Alteration of Reservations Changes to reservations can essentially only be made by process of cancellation and re-booking. sea-tours.com reserves the right to charge to your account all re-booking costs brought by the service provider as well as the total processing fee of up to 30 USD per person. You have the right to show cause that a lower charge amount is appropriate for the services rendered or to give proof that an expense has not been incurred by sea-tours.com.
3. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU TAKE OUT APPROPRIATE INSURANCE TO COVER YOU FOR SITUATIONS WHICH MAY REQUIRE YOU TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS.
V Alterations in Price and Service Product
Insofar as sea-tours.com operates as an intermediary, sea-tours.com wishes that it be known that due to internationally valid rights reserved by service providers, the following changes may be made with good cause and should be taken into account:
1) changes in flight-path;
2) conversion of non-stop itineraries to itineraries featuring en-route landings or, as the case may be, to itineraries requiring a flight transfer or vice versa;
3) changes in departure or arrival time made within 48 hours;
4) employment of different flight instruments;
5) changes to point of departure or arrival; and
5) selection of a different airline.
The same also applies to changes of itinerary under the direction of local authorities. In the event of such occurrences, you may not cancel the agreement with sea-tours.com free of charge. Likewise, no claim arises against sea-tours.com for the reimbursement of additional costs incurred; rather, any claims you may have shall be against the individual service providers involved.
VI Liability / Limitations of Liability
1. Representations regarding the services of third-party service providers arranged by sea-tours.com are based exclusively upon the representations made by these third parties. Such representations do not constitute any warranties on the part of sea-tours.com. sea-tours.com will only be answerable to you for the orderly transmission of information from the service provider to you within the scope of the usual duty of care of a sound businessman. sea-tours.com will not be held responsible for the service performance of third parties.
2. In connection with the described brokerage services, sea-tours.com limits its liability to treble the price of the arranged services where damages which are not grounded in an injury of life, limb, or health are concerned, insofar as such damages do not involve intention or gross negligence.
3. Your contract is with the Travel Supplier for whom we are acting as agent. While we are therefore unable to compensate you, we will do our utmost to contact the Travel Supplier on your behalf. sea-tours.com. does not accept liability where the failure to provide part or all of your booking, death or personal injury is not caused by any fault of us, our agents or Travel Suppliers. In respect of international travel by air, sea and rail, our liability will be limited in the manner provided by the relevant international conventions. Where sea-tours.com. is liable for direct loss this will be limited to a maximum of the total price of the products or services in respect of which a claim is made. sea-tours.com. will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of your use of this site or any of the travel products or services booked or purchased on the site.
4. sea-tours.com. cannot be held responsible if your e-ticket or your booking confirmation does not arrive your email account due to an incorrect email address or your junk email settings.
VII Rules of Entry, Documentation, Customs, Exchange, and Health and Safety, Travel Requirements
1. You are personally responsible for the observance of the applicable domestic and foreign, immigration and emigration, health and safety, passport and visa regulations.
2. sea-tours.com will endeavor to inform the customer of significant changes to the general provisions given in the travel package description prior to embarkation. There is always a possibility, however, that these rules will be changed subsequently by state authorities. You are therefore advised to inform yourself of the current situation by way of publicly accessible sources, consulates, or other channels prior to every journey.
3. sea-tours.com bears responsibility for the timely distribution and submission of the necessary visas with the respective diplomatic representatives and ensures against delay due to intention or gross negligence on the part of sea-tours.com where you have engaged sea-tours.com with the task of procuring a visa.
4. You are responsible for the observance of the rules of the individual service providers, such as the airline or other offeror of travel services in regard to check-in times, confirmations of return flights or other such matters.
5. Additional Travel Requirements (for guidance only)
Please consider purchasing a Travel Insurance Policy to cover yourself during the journey
Please check the accuracy of names, itinerary, departure dates and time on your tickets / vouchers
Please check carefully all details, validity periods and restrictions printed on your tickets / vouchers
Please ensure your passport (s) and entry visa (s) meet with all validity requirements
Please check in at the airport at least two hours before your flight departure
Please reconfirm your next ongoing flight 72 hours before your next departure
Please note your 1 piece hand baggage must not exceed 115cm in total length x width x height ( Example: 55 by 40 by 20cms ) and weighs not more than 7kgs.
All refunds claims are subject to the Airlines or Hotels/ Tour operators' Refunds rules and conditions. Each refund process takes about 3 - 6 months.
VIII Data Privacy / Use of the Website / Copyright and Trademarks / Information on the site / Links to third party web sites / Online Dispute Resolution EU
2. The copyright and all proprietary rights on the site and all content are reserved by sea-tours.com. The material contained within the site is the property of sea-tours.com or its affiliates unless identified as belonging to third parties. The name sea-tours.com and any other marks, logos and graphics of sea-tours.com displayed on the site are registered trademarks of sea-tours.com or its affiliates. Other company and product or service names displayed on the site may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are not granted any right or licence to use any trademarks.
3. sea-tours.com offers all of the general information on the site for purposes of guidance only. Please note that sea-tours.com may at any time change any aspect of the site or its content, including the availability of any suppliers, features, information, database or content. You need to check with the relevant Travel Supplier, destination, embassy, or tourist office to confirm the guidance is up to date. In particular, with respect to passports, visas, and vaccination requirements, sea-tours.com does not guarantee that the information is always up to date and it is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and comply with all relevant passport, visa, and vaccination requirements. sea-tours.com does not guarantee that information on the site (including without limitation prices, descriptions or dates) is free from errors or omissions but we will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to our attention. By way of example, the majority of hotel and other accommodation descriptions are fed directly to our Site by the Travel Supplier or the hotels themselves.
4. The site may contain hyper links to external web sites owned and operated by third parties. sea-tours.com has no control over or association with such third party sites and no responsibility in relation to the accuracy, completeness and quality of the information contained within them. Any and all contents on these external web sites do not reflect products, services or information provided by sea-tours.com. You should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or webmaster of such site.
5. The online dispute resolution platform of the European Commission is available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
We are not participating in a dispute settlement procedure with a consumer sacking agency.
IX Period of Limitations
For all claims which you hold against sea-tours.com due to a breach of contractual duty, a period of limitations of one year applies from the date prescribed by law. The period of limitations begins to run on the first day of the year in the year following the occurrence of the breach of duty.
X Invalidity of individual Provisions
Should any of the individual provisions of the brokerage agreement be deemed invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the agreement as a whole.
The invalidity of the procured travel agreement shall not affect the validity of the brokerage agreement.
The invalidity of any of the here established Terms and Conditions does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
The site is offered to you by Heller CM Services, Zihlmattweg 44, 6005 Luzern, Switzerland. sea-tours.com reserves the right to change or update the Terms and Conditions relating to use of the site from time to time without prior notice to you. The current version of the Terms and Conditions will be displayed within the site from the date on which any changes come into effect. Continued use of the site following any changes to the Terms and Conditions shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.